Wanting to understand how to use DevOps technologies and practices for deploying apps and cloud infrastructure to Azure? I’ve created a tutorial based on this!
This tutorial contains a full, real-world solution for setting up an environment that is using DevOps technologies and practices for deploying apps and cloud services/cloud infrastructure to Azure. It is based on the very popular version DevOps the hard way – AWS by Michael Leven
The tutorials scenario
The scenario that you’re currently facing is you work in an organization that is very monolithic. There is a ton of bare metal, virtualization, manual deployments of applications, and old school practices based on the current teams knowledge of IT.
You’re brought in to the company and team to make things more modern so the organization can not only succeed, but stay ahead of their competition. Management now understands the needs and complexity that comes with staying ahead of their competition and they know that they need to. Otherwise, the organization will fall…
What does the DevOps tutorial contain?
You will be using the following technologies and platforms to set up a DevOps environment.
- Azure will be used to host the application, cloud infrastructure, and any other services we may need to ensure the Uber app is deployed properly.
- To store the application and infrastructure/automation code
- Python will be used for the Uber app (it is written in Python) and some automation efforts that aren’t in Terraform.
- Create an Azure ACR repository with Terraform
- Create an AKS cluster
- Create a Docker image
- Store the Docker image in Azure ACR
- To run the Docker image that’s created for the containerized Uber app. Kubernetes, in this case, AKS, will be used to orchestrate the container.
- Use GitHub Action to create an AKS cluster
- Automated testing
- Testing Terraform code with Checkov
How do I start?
The GitHub repository here
Let me know your thoughts when you have finished, so far its been very popular – 100+ stars in 24 hours!